If you want more quality, targeted Internet traffic to your website then you need be on Pinterest. As soon as I launched this blog in April I was on Pinterest and Tailwind is one of my favourite tools for scheduling Pinterest Pins in advance. It also provides powerful analytics to help you pin viral content on a regular basis. It EXPLODED my Pinterest views (by 7 million %):
How To Get That Sweet Internet Traffic:
A simple overview of Tailwind:
- Once you login to Tailwind, you will be taken to your Dashboard.
- To get started, go to “See All Suggestions”, as Tailwind will offer a lot of suggestions to help you optimise your Pinterest profile for success.
- Once you have done everything there, go and download the Tailwind extension for either Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer
Then you will want to set up your Pinning schedule.
- Click on the little calendar icon. Set your TimeZone
- Choose how many times you want to Pin per day and hit the ‘Generate New Schedule’ button.
- According to Tailwind, the most successful Pinners share content between 10-30 times per week.
- I share between 40 and 60 pins per day
Now go and find some great content to share! Go to a blog and use your extension to schedule some pins. If you visit a website that has a lot of full sized images you would like to pin, hit the tailwind extension and select the images you want to share.
- Choose the boards you want to send the Pin to and hit ‘schedule now’.
- It’s possible to schedule more than one Pin at a time.
- Select your board name and hit schedule.
If all of this seems like too much for you to deal with and you’re insanely overwhelmed immediately, I can help you out.
Next, you may wish to tackle Lists and learn how to semi loop your Pins.
Lists are a pretty neat feature, meaning that you can create lists of boards and create a timed ‘looping’ schedule to send your pins (usually from your domain) to a lot of group boards over a few days or weeks etc.This will guarantee an even greater reach on Pinterest that will generate even more targeted internet traffic to your website.
To access and create Lists, hit the star icon.
- Hit ‘Add New List’ and rename your board.
- Start adding boards to one list. Divide lists by niche or category.
- When you have finished adding boards, your lists will look similar to mine.
- To test how your lists work, try to add an image from your website:
- The lists appear at the very top of the board’s list. Select one of your lists and then choose ‘Use Interval’
- You change the date and time the first Pin will be scheduled up at the date section.
- Then use the slider to decide how long between pins and whether or not you would like the ‘Interval Type’ to be ‘Optimized’ (which is what I always try to select.
- Hit the big green ‘Set Interval’ button when you are ready.
- To join Tailwind Tribes and start submitting content, you should check this Pinterest board by the lovely Isabelle Pacquin, or feel free to join the Tribes I created; for Blogging and Social Media Pins, or the one for Crafting and DIY Home Decor.
- When you accept an invitation it will look like the navy screen.
- You can add any of the Pins in the Tribe to your Pinterest boards. Don’t bother adding other people’s content to Tribes. Add from your own site.
- Select the tribes and hit the ‘Add to Tribe’ button. I LOVE Tribes! Join
INow the question that I get asked about most:I want you to know that I am an affiliate of Tailwind but I’m also a paying customer. It has completely changed how I use Pinterest and I’m on there almost every day to fill up my queue! Finding the Pins to add to my account can take up the most time. I use Tailwind for StartACraftBlog.comand I use Board Booster for my craft blog Heart Handmade.
To Your Pinterest Success
I advise you to read the post all about how to find and join group boards on Pinterest and maximise your reach by using both Tribes and group boards. If you want even more info about how to maximise your reach on Pinterest Join the Resource Vault (it’s free) and check out the 30-minute webinar packed full of tips for using Pinterest! Even better, get your hands on Pintelligent Marketing Made Easy – The Resource Guide For Beginners.
If you have any questions at all regarding Pinterest, please feel free to ask away!